A Sprint Triathlon 1000 Years In The Making
BORUMAN 1000yrs Sprint Triathlon is set right in the heart of the home of the original BORUMAN, The High King of Ireland, Brian Boru. The event takes place in the twin towns Killaloe, Co. Clare and Ballina, Co. Tipperary, one of the most scenic destinations in Ireland on the majestic shores of Lough Derg.
750m canal swim through the town, transitioning into a 23.5km fast sprint cycle and finally a 5km through the twin towns of Killaloe and Ballina with an epic finish taking in the true heritage of the historic home of the last great High King.
A great sprint event for the competitor preparing for Hell of The West (perfect time to test the legs, then taper) and the many other events to follow this summer. It’s also an ideal start for those new to triathlon. Relay places will be available for those who want to try a team approach!
Swim, Bike & Run
Results BORUMAN Sprint Triathlon 2016 HERE
Stunning Images from Peter Murphy Boruman 2016
You must have your 2016 Triathlon Ireland membership card with photo ID or One Day License with a photo ID for BORUMAN in order to race. Regrettably we are not permitted to accept 2015 licences, or licences without photo ID.
Only one member of a relay team is required to have a TI or One Day License. A ODL can be purchased HERE until midnight of Thursday 9th July to race on Saturday 11th. However all members of a relay team will need to present at Registration to sign in.
Your 2016 TI membership card must include a photo or bring suitable photo ID such as driver’s licence or passport with your TI licence. The deadline to buy a one-day license (ODL) from the TI website is midnight on Thursday 9th June. You must bring proof of purchase of ODL to registration. One-day licenses will not be available for purchase at registration.
Should you be unable to race – a transfer of your race place may be facilitated up to 12 NOON on 8th June – subject to provision of proof of entry plus full details of new entrant to be forwarded here.
Fees are then re-arranged directly between the athletes.
Race Day Information
- 9.30am-12.00pm Brief bike mechanical check is available at Planet Tri, Convent Hill Killaloe
- 12.00pm – 1.45pm Registration at St Anne’s Community College Killaloe (near Harry Brann Auctioneers)
- 12.00pm T1 and T2 OPEN to Athletes only.
- 1.30pm All Marshals to meet at St Anne’s Community College to sign in and meet team leadersT1 is in Abbey Field Killaloe near to Registration at St. Anne’s Community College (opposite Harry Brann Auctioneers)You must be registered and have a race number to enter either transition
- T2 is in Ballina Pool Car park on opposite side of the bridge in Co. Tipperary – please allow time to leave your shoes and return to T1.
- Important Information
- 1.45pm sharp Registration CLOSED
- 1.45pm Marshals meet and sign in at St Anne’s Community College
- 2.00pm Marshal briefing at St Anne’s Community College
- 2.15pm Transitions 1 & 2 CLOSE.
- 2.30pm Race briefing for all athletes in T1 Abbey field
- 2.40pm All swimmers walk along boardwalk to start of swim at top of Canal.We request that all athletes bring flip flops for your own comfort and safety! These will be returned to you at the finish line at the presentations post race
- 2.55pm first wave enter the water
- 3.00pm RACE START
- 5.30pm RACE FINISH – from this is the time when the Race Organisers are no longer responsible for athletes in recovery area, transition or run courses.
- All bikes/gear should be removed promptly from transition after the race is finished . (you will need your race number to reclaim your bike/gear)
- 5.30pm PRIZE GIVING Return to the refreshment area at AIB/Finish line for prize giving at 5.30pm
To facilitate smooth flowing of traffic during the event and safety for the athletes, there will be minimal traffic restrictions in place on Royal Parade from 3-6pm and a detour put in place. This is supported by the local Gardai and Co Council.
We wish to thank all local businesses and residents for their support and understanding for this 3 hr period
Boru Tri Club wish to thank all our sponsors and supporters for creating this great race.
We look forward to making BORUMAN 11.6.16 a very successful event.
We appreciate the support from local businesses and residents along the route for their patience and understanding during the event.